PORTCO, Inc. is seeking a qualified and motivated Part-Time Direct Support Professional/Vocational Coach for Waiver Program recipients in the Hampton Roads area. Candidate will be responsible for providing vocational support (job coaching), supervision of work tasks, training and transportation to individuals with intellectual disabilities. The applicant must be capable of maintaining client support documentation, time sheets and incident reports. This is a vital support position and requires a team mentality, good work ethic and flexibility. The ability to follow all DMAS and DBHDS documentation requirements is an essential function of this position. Driving of agency vehicle is a mandatory requirement for this position.
Only applicants meeting these requirements should apply.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with adult with intellectual abilities
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Waiver documentation as mandated by DMAS/DBHDS
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a vocational support setting
• Successful completion of DSP Training and Certificate
• Certification in CPR and First Aid (or ability to obtain)
• Non Violent Crisis Intervention Participant Certificate (or ability to obtain)
• Valid Driver’s License must be held and maintained along with an acceptable driving record
• Ability to obtain any other required trainings
• Employee must be able to read and write English proficiently
Starting compensation is $12 per hour. Position is part time (approximately 25 -30 hours per week) and no weekends, but flexibility is a must. Advancement opportunities and potential for growth are available for the right candidate.
Successful candidate will be fingerprinted and must pass criminal background investigation.
Candidate must be physically able to perform the essential duties.
PORTCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply at www.portco.org.