PORTCO, Inc. is seeking a qualified and motivated Grounds Keeping Supervisor for state and federal contracts in the Warrenton, VA areas. The applicant must be experienced in large scale, commercial lawn maintenance and snow removal if needed. Candidate will also be responsible for providing vocational support and training to individuals with varying disabilities. Driving of company vehicle to transport crew members is an essential function of this position.
Candidate must have a Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
• Experience with commercial lawn care, grounds keeping and snow removal
• Experience in or willingness for providing services to individuals with disabilities is a plus
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of commercial lawn maintenance procedures, including proper pruning techniques; cultivating; planting and seeding; landscaping; use of heavy and manual lawn equipment.
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to effectively interpret and apply policies and procedures
• Ability to successfully manage multiple duties
• Ability to maintain detailed progress notes regarding contract and individuals with disabilities
• Ability to obtain required certifications (CPR/First Aid, Crisis Prevention, etc.)
• Ability to maintain and support a Safe Work Environment.
• Work schedule Monday – Thursday.
Advancement opportunities and potential for growth are available.
Successful candidate will be must pass criminal background investigation. Valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
Candidate must be physically able to perform the essential duties.
Qualified candidates, must apply online. Only send a resume upon request go to: www.portco.org!
Compensation: Pay Rate $ 16.28 per hour for Federal and State level contracts. An additional $4.13 per each hour worked on the federal contracts only will be contributed to a 401(k) plan.
PORTCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.